Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lent

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday which begins the Lent season. While I am not Catholic, Dave is so I usually try to do something or give up something. Afterall, it isn't a bad idea to sacrifice something or attempt to do something to not only better yourself but to also observe an important part of your faith, whatever that may be. 

So, Dave has decided to give up sweets. This is a big one for him because he has a major sweet tooth on the weekends and he usually has animal crackers during the week for dessert (I get out of making Monster Cookies for a little while longer!). Obviously I won't be doing anything having to do with food including no meat on Fridays this year.

we heart it
 I actually hope to have a little of this today! Sorry Dave!

I am going to do my best to blog 3 times a week. This will truly be a challenge as I am not a very good blogger but I think I can do it and perhaps gain a new habit out of it. I can't promise a ton of pictures and wonderfully written entries but I can guarantee typos and sentences that don't make any sense. I am going to blame those things on pregnancy--though it happens ALL THE TIME. I hope that I get better over the next few weeks but we will see! 

In the meantime if you have any vegetarian friendly lunches or dinners please pass them along! Otherwise Dave will be eating A LOT of peanut butter sandwiches for lunch! Anybody else doing anything for Lent?

4 comments:

  1. Nice work, Jenny! I recently made this for dinner but took out most of the butter and other fattening parts. It was pretty delicious. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/02/spinach-and-mushroom-quesadillas-with-fontina-and-goat-cheese/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 times a week! yes! Plenty of time for belly shots...the non-alcoholic kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, This dessert looks fabulous!!! Eat it when David is out of the house! Sarah gets some great recipes from the Pioneer Woman website! For lunch I like baby spinach with a little fresh mozzarella, tomato and a lite balsamic vinagrette.
    I don't know how that would work for David, but I love it! I'll have to talk to my neighbor at work...her husband cooks up a storm!!! And everything is like out of a restaurant...phenomenal! Also our accountant at work took culinary classes. She is also a fantastic cook with easy recipes! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in total support of this challenge. And can I vote for some pregnancy pictures or is that too greedy of me? :)

    ReplyDelete