Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 23

We went to the doctor last week and everything seems to be going great with me and the boys.  The boys are kicking and pulling but aren't super active which is nice just a reminder every now and then that they are there. They seem to be most active when Dave is not around which is not so much fun for him. One of them is VERY close to my bladder. Everytime I move I feel like I have to go to the bathroom. Twin A is head down and probably will stay that way, the other is still sideways. Other than getting tired really easy and a backache I am doing well! The big piece of great news was that the doctor was really optimistic about them making it until June! YEAH! I will be miserable but the longer they are in there the better. Cross your fingers!

I didn't think I had put on much weight before this appointment and I was right only about 4.5 pounds in the last month. Luckily the doc said it was fine just try to focus on gaining one pound a week and we will be in good shape. Not sure we are going to get to that 50 pound mark but we will see! I wish I had a few cravings to help that out but unfortunately not so much. Our doc took a measurement just for the fun of it and it looks like I am measuring at 30 weeks when we were only about 22 1/2 along. So...I am big as you can see. Hopefully they are too. They get another measuring ultrasound at the end of the month. And hopefully we will get that added confirmation that Twin B is a boy! I think it is but I would like one last reassurance since it was so difficult to see the first time and our most recent appointment. He just doesn't want to show his business!

Week 23

Since I am carrying around a beach ball I have realized a few things that are getting more difficult...
  • Tying my shoes. I really need for the weather to warm up so I can begin to live in my flipflops.
  • Washing dishes. I am short and my arms aren't long and my belly is right at sink level. Water everywhere. On me, on the floor, on the counter...everywhere.
  • Reaching anything above the 2nd shelf in the kitchen. I couldn't reach much before but the added six inch difference to how close I can get to the cabinet makes everything a little more out of reach.
  • Getting out of bed. One I am tried but two it is like trying to sit up with one of those medicine balls on your stomach.
  • Stairs. I really don't take them. I now park on the side of the parking garage with the elevator. A little further walk but I would rather walk than climb stairs! 
  • Honda Civic. Dave loves that car but it is getting a bit more challenging to get in and out of. But I am letting him enjoy it as long as he can since he won't have it for much longer. We will be trading in for something longer as he and the car seats don't currently fit in either car at the same time right now. Small problem.
So there is your baby update. We are still working on names and getting the nursery together. We have a long way to go! Perhaps the next post will be the before..since it only has a car seat and a dresser in it!

By the way my blogging week is from Wednesday to Wednesday for those of you who will hold me accountable to this goal!

6 comments:

  1. Eeeek, you are so CUTE!!! Why did I have to leave BCS right before all this excitement? You and the boys are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a quick out of envisioning you washing dishes and trying to get in the cabinets. I guess I will add one of those handled grabber things to my list of things to buy for you :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, You look fantastic!! You need a stool to do dishes...or better yet, have David do the dishes. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable, Jenny! I think having David do the dishes would be a fair trade since you are carrying 2 children. Glad you're feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy to see these pics and read your blog! Thanks for sharing miss adorable!

    ReplyDelete