|We should really invest in Similac.|
Monday, June 18, 2012
So I spoke a little too soon. The boys didn't take to the milk very well. Let's just say we went through a lot of diapers for about a week. So now we are going to try toddler formula for the next month and try again. We still had some neosure so we haven't tried the toddler formula yet. We are trying it tonight. I hope it works as we get twice as much formula for the price.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Kellen and Liam recently had their picture taken at school. I totally forgot that day but luckily they had a bath the night before. Not sure I would have picked such contrasting outfits but you don't even notice as they are just so cute you don't even notice that they completely clash! I wasn't going to buy them since we just had their pictures taken but Dad is a sucker and couldn't pass them up! So here are the first of many cheesy school photos!
|Liam & Kellen smiling for the camera!|
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Kellen are Liam are doing well however I think we have come to accept that they are just going to be small but hopefully will catch up a little bit more!
Liam is little there is no doubt about it but he has become the daredevil. He loves to be upside down, crawls into just about anything he can, including the bottom shelf of the changing table at daycare. This shelf also holds toys...he fits right between the top of the toys and the next shelf. Reminds me of where I am sometimes stuck when we are packing a moving truck.
- Continues to love food. He really likes animal crackers and they are helping him figure out how to chew. There is still a lot of gagging but he is getting there. He just watches when Dave and I eat and sometimes cries until he gets to try something too. He seems to like pizza!
- Has 2 teeth in and is cutting a third possibly fourth right now.
- Is getting much better at pulling himself up on things. He is starting to scoot a little around furniture.
- Liam is fast and curious. Sometimes his hands can't go as fast as his legs and he ends up falling forward and bumping his head. It is kinda funny to watch as he still has a crazy crawl.
- Liam is still very much a momma's boy. I think he would have me hold him all day long if he could.
- We are trying really hard to break him of his bouncy seat. He absolutely loves it. Every time we get close, he gets sick again or we end up having to travel, in which case we fall back on the old standby.
- Kellen is a bit of a bully and steals just about anything Liam wants. As a result, Liam has developed a bit of a defense mechanism where he very quickly uses his feet to turn in circles away from Kellen. It's pretty cute because he is using only his feet and seems to turn effortlessly. He uses his little trick in other ways too. Today a ball rolled in circles around him and he started turning in circles to follow it. Imagine a dog chasing his tail...hilarious.
- He has almost figured out clapping.
|Liam at the park loving the swing!|
Weight: 17 lbs 3 oz
Height: 27 Inches
Head: 48.3 cm (I am pretty sure this is not right at all)
Added Bonus: Ear Infection
Kellen is just a happy one year old...usually. He is loud and talks all the time. He has a lot of sounds, noises, and facial expressions that he makes. He can even whistle though it is completely on accident.
- Although he really doesn't like food it is getting a little better. He just doesn't eat if he isn't in the mood for it. He does well with most fruit but bananas are still first choice. He takes a bit of work when it comes to new food.
- He has lots of hair and some great sideburns. I have no plan to cut it anytime soon, though his father disagrees a little. Dave insists that he is starting to look like a hippie.
- Kellen loves tags (the kind found on stuffed animals and blankets) and has grown attached to his pacifier. He has always been very tactile so I am not at all surprised about his love of tags. Since his hands are busy with tags he has taken to using his head as a third hand to feel things. Sometimes it doesn't work out well for him and he ends up bumping his head.
- He DOES NOT wake up well. He cries and cries. There is no consoling him. Great way to start the day. Usually he cheers up once he sees Liam, which is quite sweet, though Liam doesn't really want him to love on him that much when he first wakes up, especially since Kellen is usually the reason he is awake.
- He has zero teeth and it does not appear that he is cutting any.
- He has figured out how to turn on and off the TV and is working on the computer. We are not so happy about this milestone.
- He has learned how to clap and will give you 5!
|Kellen snuggling on bear. (This is a full picture of bear. We are on the hunt but haven't had any luck. If you see bear at your local Target...buy him...we will pay you back!!!)|
Weight: 18lbs 12 oz
Height: 27" (pretty sure this is wrong as that is what he was at his 9 month check up)
Head: 44.7cm (his head is not smaller than Liam's)
The best part of our one year appointment, other than the boys being pretty healthy...
NO MORE OF...
|Good bye Similac...we will NOT miss you! You are on your way out of our house!|
And now some more pictures of some cute boys!
|Please note the coordinating outfits. :) It does happen on occasion.|
|Unfortunately how Liam wakes up some mornings. Kellen deciding he needs to be in the bouncy chair at the same time.|
|Liam put himself in his own baby jail. He had a bit of a difficult time getting out as he went under those chair bars to get under the table.|
|Looking at this you would think bath time is a favorite. Kellen actually doesn't like it much. Liam could stay in there all day long as long as the water is warm! Can you guess who is who?|
|This is one of my favorite pictures of Liam. This is the look he always has on his face.|
|Looks innocent enough doesn't he?|
Friday, June 8, 2012
Kellen & Liam just turned one! It is so hard to believe that a year ago we were still in the hospital waiting to bring these little guys home.
For their birthday we had a few friends over to see what they would do with their 2nd round of cake. They had a bit of cake early over the holiday weekend. Unfortunately as you can see the result was the same both time.
Liam had no problem digging in with both hands....
and promptly putting it in his lap. He was a mess. Nothing got in his mouth. Perhaps funfetti is not his favorite kind.
Kellen on the other hand didn't really get into the cupcake...as I have mentioned...he hates food. He pretty much was uninterested after the candle was blown out and removed. He did touch it with one hand and patiently waited for someone to come and clean off his hand. Hello Mini Dave....
For their birthday we got them a giant bear, a toy and a couple of books. Bear was the big hit. They have seen Bear every time we go to target and always seem to love it. It was also true when they saw Bear at home. This is their reaction to Bear.
They pretty much have that reaction every time they see Bear. Unfortunately Bear had to go back to Target and we are still on the search for his replacement.
More posts coming about their 1 year stats and some weekend fun!