Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lately...

Things have been busy in the McIntosh house! Ok not really. Dave has been busy working on his dissertation and training for his next marathon while I haven't been doing much other than eating and sitting! But here is a quick run down of the latest news.

Dave, Brett, and Derek with their medals!
Dave, along with who I usually call "the idiots" Brett and Derek, completed the Houston Marathon a few weeks ago.  The weather was wet, humid and warm which is not ideal for a marathon but they did GREAT! Dave finished the course in 4:54:03. His goal was to finish and to finish under 5 hours was fantastic for a first marathon. They run their next marathon this weekend in Austin which looks like similar weather but a much harder course. Wish them luck! 


Note-they are not really idiots...they are all actually very smart...but they come up with some idiotic things to do.Complete an Ironman, run 2 marathons in 4 weeks...sane people don't do this. 

As many of you know, we learned that we are expecting twin boys! I will admit I wanted at least one girl but as I think about it, it will be so much fun to watch these two little men grow up. I am sure they will be the best of friends and I will be spending a lot of time at even more sporting events. They are looking healthy and right on track with their growth which is really all we could ask for! I am getting bigger and bigger and I am beginning to notice the extra 20 pounds! Here I am at 20 weeks...
Week 20


Well that is all for now so we will see you later...oh wait...someone wanted to say HI!
(I don't think I will put many of these up here but who could resist not sharing this!)



4 comments:

  1. He's waiting for his first high five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belly is growing quickly!! You look great! We can't wait to meet the little guys! And Dave is crazy running 2 marathons in a months...not normal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have gained 20 pounds? :) And you thought you couldn't do it! :) Looking good, keep it up Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, this post literally made me squeal with excitement! You are beautiful as is the little one. And with that wave, maybe your son is due to be the next pageant star :)

    PS: My "old boss" on my valentines post was you. In case you didn't know how much I love you :)

    ReplyDelete