Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"You're Carrying Big"

If you have been reading you know that Dave and I have been looking for a new car. Dave has been doing all the negotiating with our new friend Ron and I recently met him when we went to test drive. He asked when I was due and that was his response, "You're carrying big." Not something you should say to a pregnant lady. (I also was asked today if I was carrying a basketball under my shirt or if there was a baby. I let that slide too as I know he was referencing the Lady Ags in the Women's Championship tonight. Go Ags!) Luckily I am not easily offended so I simply said "Well there are two in there!" As it turns out I really liked Ron so he was forgiven and we gave him our business...finally.  It has been something as we had to wait on the house refinance which was MUCH more difficult than it needed to be. After what seemed like forever we said goodbye to Cecil Civic tonight...
Cecil Civic '02 96,000 miles

He has been good to us. He had a few bumps and bruises but never had a problem in the 8 years that Dave drove him. He has been everywhere! He has been across the US from New York to Seattle (and back) and Texas to Canada. And Dave and his brother Jed both learned to drive a stick on him. While there weren't any major bumps...it was about to have one. The clutch was going to give out at any moment...hopefully Ron will forgive us for that one! So we are happy to introduce the newest member of the family...the Honda Pilot.
Honda Pilot, '11 19 miles

We now have a car that Dave and both car seats will fit in comfortably! So yes we are "carrying big". We are still working on her name. I like Penelope, Pippy, or Petey. Dave, as inappropriate as he is, toyed with Poncius. Wrong. Not going to be the name. So if you have any name suggestions...please share!

8 comments:

  1. Pilot Pete.

    (Actually he's one of the hosts of a computer podcast I listen too, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys should have a voters poll to name the newest addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovin' the new ride! Have you had to fill it up with gas yet? :) That will be a painful day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your newest member of the Mac family is beautiful!!! Have to admit...I vote for Ryan's name, Pilot Pete!! And with Abrah...I know it's got to be great on gas....but I have a hard enough time paying what I do to fill the Corolla!! Those babies are going to love their new ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poncius Pilot would be pretty hilarious. My second fave is Petey. It looks really nice in your driveway!

    ReplyDelete