Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby Shower!

My office loves a party (who doesn't love cake and punch) and threw Dave and I a baby shower last week. They were all very generous and gave us one of the cribs along with some other items. My boss, Laura, was kind enough to make the boys quilts! She also made Dave a monkey bag (he loves monkeys) a few weeks ago and I think I might be stealing it. It is a great bag! The quilts are adorable and I can't wait to watch who favors which one. I know it will be one of their favorite things...it's already one of mine!
Thank you Laura and the rest of the office!


The shower was entertaining to watch as Dave and I opened gifts. He knew what a few things were but there were a few moments of confusion. He opened a thermometer and proudly said, "I know where this goes!" and then he read the package and realized that for babies it can go in multiple places. He didn't like that so much. After the thermometer we then opened a bottle cleaner. He didn't have a clue what it was and said, with horror on his face, "I don't know where that goes." After a lot of laughter from me and the audience, we told him it was to clean bottles, not babies. Let's just say he was relieved. This is a glimmer into the many stories we will have as we raise these two boys!

2 comments:

  1. So happy the shower was a success (those office showers can be a tad awkward at times) and SO sad I had to miss it. Tear.

    I can't believe the day is getting closer and closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilts for the boys! David's Aunt Jule made one for him...that's the one he, I believe, he still has somewhere! They are the prized possession!!!!

    ReplyDelete