Wednesday, May 11, 2011

All is Swell

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in the blog posting but we have been busy! Dave finished painting the nursery, we cleaned it, and added in most of the furniture. It is really coming together but there are a few more things to go before I share pictures. I am sure you are all anxiously wanting to know what color paint we chose!

Everything is going pretty well but the signs of pregnancy are starting to increase a bit and becoming a bit more difficult. The main issue is this...



Please excuse the peeling nail polish. I can't reach and they will have to wait until the next pedicure which may not be for a while since I don't think the hot water or massage will feel too great as swollen as they are!
 Those would be my feet barely fitting into my flip flops. I didn't do much on this day but sit at my desk with feet up. They look like sausages with a nice tight casing. My hands are a little better but really they look like hotdogs.

Along with the swelling come the concern about my blood pressure as it was getting high last week. We go again on Friday and every week from here on out. There is a chance of bedrest at any point because of the blood pressure. The doc is guessing we won't make it much beyond Week 35. We start week 32 tomorrow if you are counting! They will be here very soon!

Here is your updated  picture. For fun the doctor measured my belly and if I was having one we would be measuring at the 37.5 week mark! We also had an ultrasound last week and it is estimated that A is 3lbs 6oz and B is 3lbs 3oz. I am sure they have added weight this week as my belly looks and feels bigger than last week. Hopefully they will keep on growing!


Week 31, 5 days
I should also mention that my face is just as round as my belly...you just can't tell in a profile shot! Have a great weekend everyone!






6 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, I feel your pain! Those ankles are all too familiar to me so do your best to keep your feet up as much as possible. I know it's hard to do at work but if you can, do it. You may want to get a blood pressure monitor for home...just to keep an eye on things and know when you should go to the doctor or hospital. I got one when I was pregnant with Christian because it was pretty out of control and I had to monitor it every hour for 3 days. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking good!!! The next couple of weeks are going to fly by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I can't believe they will be here in probably less than a month! Swelling sucks, no question about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, You look fantastic!! I know how painful all of this is right now. Soon those sweet angels will be here and you will forget all of this...You will! I promise!! Sarah is right...keep those extremities elevated...even if when you rest, put your hands on pillows...I don't know how much it will help...but I'm sure anything would be wonderful! We love you!
    We can hardly see the nursery!!! Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still look beautiful!!!! Hang in there and hope you are able to relax and stay as comfortable as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    I remember that last 8 weeks and my feet so swollen I had to stuff them into shoes a whole size too big! I went 38 weeks and the boys were 5lbs 11 oz each and approx the same where you are now!

    A package is on route to you from CT, Uncle Mike and I and the other dymanic duo!

    Thinking of you,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete