Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Aggie Bonfire

On November 18 at 2:42am ten years ago Bonfire at Texas A&M University fell killing 12 students and injuring 27. I wasn't here on campus then but Dave was here to experience the tragedy that is still very present on the minds of so many. The student newspaper, The Battalion, has done a great job in remembering this anniversary over the past two days and I don't think I could express or share in this blog what occurs with Bonfire. I think the memorial that opened 5 years ago is one of the most thoughtful memorials I have ever seen. If you have a few moments you may want to watch the video, read the deep meaning of the memorial, or about the 12 students who fell with Bonfire.

1 comment:

  1. I remember being glued to the TV when that happened. It was heartbreaking. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete