Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pancakes



This weekend Dave had a bike race in Lufkin, Texas. Now there isn't much in Lufkin, TX especially at 6:30am, but once the sun came up and Dave was on his way out on his bike I was able to explore. My first priority was breakfast. I was starving! Usually I just find the nearest McDonald's but Saturday morning I felt like something a bit more. I eventually found an I-Hop and decided to eat there. At first I was hesitant because it is a sit down restaurant and I was by myself. It felt a little weird but I ventured in anyway.

Once I was in of course I wanted pancakes. I LOVE PANCAKES. I don't know what it is but they are delicious! They are fluffy, warm, soft and just heavenly. I always ask Dave to make me pancakes but I am glad he says 'no' so that I can enjoy them as a special treat. I only like traditional buttermilk or whole wheat pancakes, no butter and syrup on the side where I can dip each bite (soggy pancakes are just gross). As I was looking at the menu some of the pancake options were just ridiculous. Some of the pancakes come with so much stuff it is like a dessert! Whip cream, strawberries, chocolate chips, bananas, nuts, the list goes on and on. I just can't do it. I need to taste the pancake!

I realized that I ate my pancakes quickly (even though Dave wouldn't be done for like 5 more hours) but I don't think it was because they were so yummy. I think subconsciously I didn't like sitting in the restaurant by myself-I know it is strange since I am an introvert. After a while I realized it wasn't that bad and wish I would have eaten slower or brought my book in to read so I could waste a little time. Next bike race, I think I will find another place to hang out...maybe even go to a movie...by myself.

So I won't leave you hanging in suspense...there really isn't much in Lufkin. I went to Target (shocking I know) and found a deal on a couple of lamps, went to the mall (terrible...I was only there 5 minutes) and then decided to go back to the race. It was a beautiful day so I pulled out the lawn chair and read a book until Dave finished. It was a great day hanging by myself but I was pretty happy when he was done...with or without the stink that goes with 6 hours on a bike...I kinda like him.

4 comments:

  1. I love a post from my kids always, but has anyone ever counted how many have food as the subject? Maybe you all spent too much time in the kitchen or possibly didn't get enough to eat. And before it gets started, it was not because of the natural food co-op connection. Love you Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a totally random post Jenny, but a post none the less....which is much more than I can say. :) Miss you sister! Next time you are home, you and Riley can have pancakes because he LOVES them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Jenny. I think we are all fond of eating, but now I want pancakes... Man, when can I get some... We all miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny,
    I love your post! I want to run out and have pancakes for lunch! You make them sound wonderful!! Glad you had a nice time by yourself...sometimes being by oneself is good! I know I enjoy a day now and again when I can just do nothing!! Unfortunately, they are few and far between. Love to you and David!! Barb

    ReplyDelete