Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome Liam & Kellen!

Welcome to the world! Kellen on Left, Liam on Right
Just before midnight on May 30, 2011 we welcomed our boys! Kellen Flint and Liam Flint McIntosh. They are still in the NICU but are making wonderful progress as they just celebrated their one week birthday. So let me stop writing and give you what you really want...pictures!
Hanging out in the crib ready to eat!




Kellen Flint McIntosh Born 11:56pm, 4lbs 8 oz  16 1/2 inches (One week old)
Liam Flint McIntosh  Born 11:58pm  3lbs 10 oz  16 1/2 inches long (One Week Old)
Liam and his giant eyes! He makes some of the best faces and this is my favorite!

As I said they are doing fantastic! They have been in the NICU since they were born but have only been on monitors and never on an IV, oxygen, feeding tube or anything. They are really holding their own and are fantastic eaters! We hope that they are home soon! They were moved to an open air crib which is one of the big steps they need to take to get closer to home. They need to continue to consistently gain weight, which they are, and then they can come home. Kellen will likely be home before Liam as Liam has a bit more weight to gain. It is amazing to see what just one pound can do!

Dave and I are doing well. It is a busy schedule right now as we make multiple trips to the hospital each day. Along with me having a bit of a slow recovery (seems postpartum has been much harder than my entire pregnancy!),we are exhausted but completely overjoyed with these little guys and can't wait until they are home.

11 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures and am jealous that I can't be down there loving on them too! But they need their rest so they can grow, grow, grow! Maybe I can make it down toward the end of my leave or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, congratulations. I am glad to here the boys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats! They are just beautiful and it's so wonderful that they are thriving! Way to go, boys!!

    All four of you will continue to be in my prayers. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call or text, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And...in the first picture of the boys in the crib together, I think that I can see some of Rease's newborn looks in Kellen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What handsome boys! Give them kisses for Aunt Micah & pound it w/them for Uncle Leb! Hope to meet them soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is Riley message...

    How are Kellen and Liam? And thank you for everything else. Give me some presents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So obviously you can see I am tired as these guys were born just before midnight on May 30 NOT May 31...oops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kellen and Liam look smaller here than on the picture with David....I love the first picture of you, Jenny, with both of those sweethearts! I am having such a hard time....waiting until July 20th!!! I just want to hold those sweet grandbabies!! and you and David! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tears of happiness! They are BEAUTIFUL! What a blessing, I am so happy for your new family. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My nephews are awfully cute! And Jenny, make sure to take some pictures of my mom holding David when she gets there. :) Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rease can say Kellen, but really struggles with Liam. We are working on it though!

    ReplyDelete