Wednesday, August 25, 2010

McLovin'

Handmade Banner...so cool!

Dave and I are rockstars. Well, at least we were for 4 days this summer. We had the great honor to serve as Fish Camp Namesakes for a group of 143 incoming freshmen but really we didn't do a thing other than show up! The work was all done by 24 energetic counselors and 2 amazing co-chairs. They have been working for the past 6 months to create an awesome experience for the McIntosh fish.

Kickball Victory during Work Day #1!

Dave and I got to give a speech at camp.  That was a highlight.  We talked about taking chances, stepping into discomfort, and making the most of your college years. One of the themes that we used during out speech was all things 1980's (rap, like Young MC and Digital Underground; the 1985 Chicago Bears; Michael Jackson, John Mellencamp, and Bob Knight), which was funny and sad for us because everything they knew about any of this stuff was from a book or movie.  They weren't alive in the 1980's... 

"M-C-I-N-T-O-S-H! McIntosh, McIntosh all over the place!"

Camp McIntosh 2010

Our fantastic co-chairs Missy & Mandi

YNWA: You'll Never Walk Alone
Our camp color was red which will explain the amount of red hair in some of the pictures. They did a bunch of skits that were pretty funny. My favorites were a group of lovely men displaying their dry land synchronized swimming skills, Chariots of Fire, and Dave showing some impressive dancing skills that I rarely have the pleasure seeing (while that wasn't a skit, that was some comedy). These are incredibly talented people! For 4 days we heard "McIntosh" chanted over and over. It was SO HOT (it is Texas in August) but so much fun!  We couldn't have asked for anything more! 

"Snapping necks and cashing checks, we're hard CORE, how do you like them apples, huhhh"
Thanks so much Mandi, Missy, Anthony, Austin, Ben, Beth, Byrd, Chase, Cristin, Daniel, Emily, Fairleigh, J-Dunc, Jordan, Kelsey, Kevin, Kylee, Meghan, Ross, Sara, Sean, Sisi, Tara, TMac, Trcka, and Will!

3 comments:

  1. SO FUN! I love the update! I know you and Dave impacted so many kids through this. I am certain of it, because you are just THAT fabulous!

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I was beginning to think that possibly you forgot you had a blog. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banner! What an honor and a privilege to be chosen! I am so proud of you both!!
    I love you both!!!
    Love,
    Mom/Barb

    ReplyDelete