Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Garden

I have attempted to plant flowers and do a little container gardening. It seemed to be going well a first but things are looking TERRIBLE! So far of my 2 tomato plants, 4 cucumber plants, 2 green pepper plants and $40.00 worth of flowers I only have hope for the green peppers. Things are dying left and right...or some crazy bug is eating everything. I did have one tomato before we left for San Diego and when we returned...gone! So my new hobby of gardening is losing steam since I haven't been able to enjoy anything! Oh well...better luck next time. Here are pictures of my garden before and I am too sad to take more pictures of my now very depressing garden! Maybe I will try again later.

My Flowers...I think there are 2 left...

From left: green peppers, tomato & cucumbers (2 pots), and then a smaller tomato plant. The one on the right has already died and gone to tomato heaven.

Oh gardening...maybe you aren't my new hobby!





4 comments:

  1. Well that stinks! Are you watering these beloved plants? That is crazy that everything is dying. Maybe you should find someone down there that is successful and find out what their secret is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracle Grow, but then I kill everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to grow some tomatoes last year and royally screwed them up. I bought some organic soil or something and missed the part that said "not for potted plants"...so needless to say my tomatoes didn't grow either....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look great!! There is some potting soil that has fertilizer in it and then of course watering every day...especially in Texas where you have no rain!! For the tomatoes...everyone up here has those tomato planters that hang upside down. They are pretty popular. Hope everything else is great!!

    ReplyDelete